Many people love the convenience and quality vision of contact lenses.
If you are interested in wearing lenses instead of eyeglasses, we’ll help you with all that you need
At Groveport Eye Care, our eye doctors will examine your eyes to determine if you’re a good candidate for contacts, and we’ll fit you with the best type for your visual requirements.
We offer comprehensive eye exams and contact lens fittings in our offices located conveniently in Groveport, Ohio.
Our eye doctor, Dr. Stuckey, will examine your eyes thoroughly to make sure that no health or eye issues will interfere with wearing contact lenses. We will also determine your accurate vision prescription, so that your eyesight is crystal-clear.
If everything checks out well, then it’s time for your contact lens consultation and fitting.
Contact Lens Consultation in Groveport, Ohio,Our eye doctors will begin with a discussion about your lifestyle, visual requirements and preferences for contact lenses.
We appreciate each patient as an individual, and we’ll listen to your expectations and answer your questions.
Some considerations you may have when choosing contacts:
- Do you want lenses for every day, or just for certain occasions or activities?
- Do you want to change your eye color?
- How frequently do you want to replace your contacts? There are daily wear options or extended wear lenses.
- Do you prefer soft or hard lenses? Soft lenses are most popular, but hard lenses have their advantages. They offer high oxygen permeability, provide crisp vision and are durable.
Your Contact Lens Fitting
After a comprehensive exam of your eye health and vision by Dr. Stuckey, we ’ll measure your eyes for contact lenses. There are many corneal variations, and one size of contacts doesn’t fit all eyes.
We will measure:
- Corneal curvature: Using a keratometer, we’ll find the curvature of your cornea, which is needed to choose the best diameter and curve for your contacts. Corneal mapping is also sometimes used to provide a highly detailed image of your cornea. If you have an irregular corneal surface due to astigmatism, you may need toric lenses, available in hard and soft versions.
- Iris and pupil size: Using either a basic ruler or template, or a specialized lighted tool called a slit lamp, we will measure your iris and pupils. These sizes will help us to determine the best contact lens design for you.
- Evaluation of your tear film: Sufficient moisture is needed on your cornea in order to keep your eyes and contact lenses well lubricated. With dry eyes, contact lens wearing may not be suitable.
We will perform this test either by placing a strip of paper on your lower eyelid to measure moisture, or by using liquid dye and a slit lamp to see your tears.
- Trial lenses:The best way to confirm the ideal contact lenses for you is by using trial lenses.
- Contact lenses: will be inserted and our eye doctor will use a slit lamp to check the position and movement of your contacts. You’ll be asked to blink and move your gaze in all directions and to provide feedback about how the contacts feel.
- Trial wearing time is generally about 15 minutes, and then if the contact lenses feel good and appear to fit well, you’ll be instructed on how to care for them. We will provide you with guidelines on how long to wear them, as well as information on proper care and handling.
Your contact lens prescription
Once we find lenses for you that provide clear vision, fit properly and feel good, we’ll issue a prescription, which includes:
- Power of each contact lens
- Lens curvature (base curve)
- Lens diameter
- Manufacturer and name of the lenses
Follow-up visits, After your initial fitting, we’ll provide follow-up visits in Groveport, Ohio.
Our optometrists will verify that your eyes are healthy, with quality vision and no damage from the lenses. If needed, we’ll change the materials or fit of your contacts, or you may be advised to change your wearing time. If everything is good, you should schedule a routine yearly exam to make sure that nothing has changed with your eyes and eyesight.
Call Groveport Eye Care on (855) 855-7805 in Groveport, Ohio to schedule an eye exam with our optometrist, Dr. Stuckey.
Alternatively book an appointment online here CLICK FOR AN APPOINTMENT